Some people assume that cycling is only for those who are committed to doing long distance routes who wear the traditional cycling gear and look professional and on the other hand cycling is done widely by children usually around their neighbourhood with friends. But what about family cycling?
No matter if you used to be a keen cyclist or you are just starting to get interested in cycling due to watching it on TV or seeing people whizzing past you in the street and thinking “I would like to do a bit of that” then don’t be discouraged by having kids.
Cycling Activities for all the Family
As stated above really don’t be put-off by the idea of getting your kids involved in cycling. Cycling has many many perks that can bring great benefits to your brood.
Cycling can do the following:
- Keep fit and healthy :- the main benefit of cycling is of course the amazing cardio workout it gives you. It can either get you in shape and help maintain a high level of good health. Or it can help you with your already exercise efforts if you are already a fitness fenatic.
- When done with the family it’s almost like team work, which we all know helps create stronger more meaningful connections with each other.
- It’s of course a free form of transportation. If you need to travel somewhere forget taking the car or bus just get the bikes out and away you go. Additionally you get fit and save money in the process – no brainer!
- When you exercise your body produces good chemicals. These help to keen you happy as well as relieve anxieties that might have developed through family life or work.
- Too many people stay indoors in today’s World. Cycling gets you out and about; this means you get fresh air. Nothing else to say on this one.
Getting Children Involved
There is absolutely every reason to get you kids cycling. It’s a wonderful activity to enhance your kid’s fitness and cardio level, as well as being enjoyable, which makes cycling something they actually want to do!
Additionally cycling is a low impact exercise meaning there is little danger of your child getting injured especially when it comes to muscle and joint injuries.
If your child is over weight then cycling could be a great way to get them to lose weight and get them back in shape. Cycling ups the metabolic rate and in turn will bring rewards when trying to lose and keep weight off.
We all go on holiday with our kids whether it be a holiday part, Europe, hotel or leusire holiday. But what about choosing a cycling holiday?
There are a good selection of cycling holidays here in the UK from Hadrain’s Cycle Way to the Sandstone Way route.
One of the favourites in England is the Sea to Sea Cycle Route but beware if you choose to do this with the family as it is challenging.
Nonetheless the selection of cycle holiday routes is so broad that there will be a perfect one there for you no matter of the age of your kids.